Next up on our menu of trials was Amlactin Ultra Hydrating Body Cream. We have used Amlactin in the past when Mermaid was first diagnosed, but not this specific line. We were given this product by Mermaid’s dermatologist who strongly supported it.
Below is the information provided by the product’s website.
- The #1 moisturizer brand recommended by dermatologists for rough, dry skin1
- Restores lost moisture and softens severely dry skin—apply twice daily for best results
- Works to exfoliate dead skin cells—returns dry skin to its natural, healthy state and improves overall appearance
- With rich humectants and creamy emollients—delivers the kind of smooth skin texture you’ll love
- AmLactin Ultra Hydrating Body Cream is specifically formulated for severely, persistently dry skin areas needing extra attention. With our patented ULTRAPLEX formula, this clinically proven cream gently exfoliates and intensely hydrates for long-lasting moisture and serious relief.
- AmLactin Ultra Hydrating Body Cream provides triple action alpha-hydroxy therapy. Simply put, alpha-hydroxy therapy combined with rich humectants and creamy emollients creates a cream for dry skin that not only repairs but also softens.
Throughout our trial I noticed no change in either appearance or physical irritation. In fact, during this time the thickness of the nevus on Mermaid’s hand increased. No corolation to the product, simple coincidence, and once again, she declined to let me photograph it. However, there was also an increase in dryness beneathe her arm and slight thickening.
It’s note worthy that the Oregon weather has been warmer than usual so it’s more difficult to hydrate at this time. If Mermaid had it her way she would be living in the pool day and night. That being said we probably wont choose to add this product to our bag of wonders because it was applied multiple times a day, difficult to remember at times and didn’t seem to mesh with Mermaid’s skin type, but that doesnt mean it wont work for you! We are all different so your skin may take to it very well.
I am REALLY excited about our next product we are going to try.
Another local Oregon business so generously sent us this to give a whirl on our journey. Thank you Wild Carrot Herbals!
DON’T FORGET… I want to hear what you have tried, are trying or stepped away from.
Thanks for walking with us today,